Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 13, 2012

March 13 2012 will go down as the best day of my life for it is on that day that I received news of my acceptance into the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. The subject line of the acceptance email read "Good news from MPA/ID Admissions". In the body of the email were the words:

My colleagues and I very much hope you’ll join an exceptional group of people by answering the echo of President John F. Kennedy’s call to “ask what you can do.”

One congratulatory note read:

Regardless of where you choose to go to grad school, you now know what the rest of us have known all along. You most certainly have what it takes to be an Ivy leaguer. Congratulations again. Harvard certainly is the best of the best, and you deserve it!

I look forward to meeting my peers in the fall, and I feel more enabled to answer the call, and pledge to do what I can to affect positive change not just in my native Zimbabwe, but where ever life will take me.

Thank you to all those who believed in me. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback is always welcome. Thank you