Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mission Statement: Mpumelelo Nxumalo

Below are guiding principles (borrowed from the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) focusing on who I want to be and what I would like to do. It is a personal creed upon which doing and being are based.
  • Succeed at home first
  • Never compromise with honesty
  • Remember the people involved
  • Hear both sides before judging
  • Obtain counsel of others
  • Defend those who are absent
  • Be sincere yet decisive
  • Develop one new proficiency a year
  • Plan tomorrow's work today
  • Hustle while you wait
  • Maintain a positive attitude
  • Keep a sense of humor
  • Be orderly in person and in work
  • Do not fear mistakes, fear only the absence of creative, constructive and corrective responses to those mistakes
  • Facilitate the success of others
  • I will listen twice as much as you speak
  • Concentrate all abilities and efforts on the task at hand, not worrying about the next job or promotion
  • Be a concerned and informed global citizen 
  • I will be a self starting individual who exercises initiative in accomplishing my life's goals
  • I will seek to create a clean and orderly environment that is livable and comfortable
  • I will exercise wisdom in what I choose to eat, read, see and do
  • I will act on situations and opportunities rather than be acted upon
  • I will always try to keep myself free from destructive and addictive behaviors
  • I will develop habits that free me from old labels and limits, and expand my capabilities and choices
  • My money will be my servant not my master
  • I will seek financial independence over time
  • My wants will be subject to my needs and my means
  • I will seek to keep myself free from consumer debt except for long term home and car loans
  • I will spend less than I earn and regularly save or invest part of my income
  • Moreover I will use what talents and money I have to make life more enjoyable for others through service and charitable giving



No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback is always welcome. Thank you